Unit 1: Scientific Method and Earth ChemistryStudents will understand...
- The bonds formed between atoms and chemical compositions to create minerals.
- The differences between and the uses for ores.
- The differences between and the wide variety of uses for mineral resources.
Students will know...
- how the bonds form between atoms and chemical compositions to create minerals. .
- how minerals are used in a wide variety ways.
3.5.10 A (bullet 7)
- Describe and identify major types of rocks and minerals.
Day 1 Thursday 1/29/15I will identify the goals and objectives of Environmental GeologyAssign SeatsSyllabus- Environmental Geology.pdf
- Compare the locations of strategic minerals and earth resources in the world with their geologic history using maps and global information systems.
Student Data Profile
Homework: Cover Textbooks, 3 Ring Binder
Print out important documents--Day 2 Friday 1/30/15I will identify the many reasons that we need geologists.Check bindersDay 3 Monday 2/2/15I will determine the atomic makeup of different elements.Review HW
Finish Wildfire Interactive
Notes- Earth chem- matter
Periodic Table Worksheet
HW: Vocab Review on Quia.comDay 4 Tuesday 2/3/15I will identify the number of protons and neutrons in different atoms.Day 5 Wednesday 2/4/15I will review concepts of elements, atoms and the scientific method.Review all vocab
Test day 6 + Pack #1
Review Atom Interactive
Review of Chapter 8: Element WS
HW: Work on 'cheat' sheet' (study for test), Pack #1
Pack #1 (Scientfic Method/Earth Chemistry):
1. Role of a Geologist
2. Wildfire Interactive
3. Periodic Table
4. Atom Interactive5. Earth Chem Review
Earth Chem ReviewDay 6 Thursday 2/5/15I will apply concepts of Unit 1 on quiz.
Scientific Method/Earth Chemistry Quiz
Start Mineral Notes
HW: Print out mineral notes