DEVELOPING A RESEARCH PLAN
CONSIDER WORKING WITH A MENTOR
- Most projects do not require a mentor. However, it certainly doesn't hurt to connect with an expert in the field. These individuals have access to equipment / materials / know-how that may not be available in school.
- Certain projects related to the following topics must have a mentor:
- Human subjects
- Vertebrate animals
- Potentially hazardous chemicals / equipment / biological materials
- For more information on locating a mentor, see the Locating a Mentor Page.
RESEARCH PLANNING CHECKLIST
- Follow the directions provided on the Research Planning Checklist.