What are NoodleTools Notecards?
The notecards feature in NoodleTools is designed to help you extract, organize and synthesize information you find during the research process. NoodleTools’ notecards are “e-index cards” with some important advantages. You can:
- Access your notes from any computer via a Web browser
- Capture any digital information (e.g., quotes, images, diagrams, tables) from the Web
- Link your notes to your sources to avoid accidental plagiarism
- View your notes alongside your bibliography entries in order to assess the value of each resource
- Create notes of your own ideas not linked to any source (“thought cards”)
- Label notecards with word or phrase “tags” that represent concepts or facts you want to keep track of
- Color key your notecards for quick identification
- Search your notecards by keyword, tag, or source to view and organize notes in multiple ways
- View, arrange and organize notecards on a virtual tabletop quickly and easily
- Create an outline and move individual notecards or piles into topics or subtopics
- Export both your notecards and outline to a word processor where they can be edited and printed
- Share both the notecards and outline with your teacher
Click here for a video on how to insert an image into a Notecard.All information on this page was adapted from the NoodleTools, Inc. Knowledge Base, Copyright 2016.