* PLAY your instrument 15 minutes a day, 5 days per week (or as close as you can get). The more you practice, the better you get; the better you get the better you sound; the better you sound, the more you're going to
want to play!
* Schedule practice into your daily routine! Before school, after school, after dinner, before computer/ipod time-whatever works best for you!
* Play for an encouraging audience - parents, pets, family, and friends!
* Watch yourself play your instrument in front of a mirror. Good posture + Good Bowing = Good Sound!
* Handle with care! - String instruments are made of thin wood, so please be careful!
* Always protect the bridge.
* Always store your instrument in its case. (Bow tip should go in first- latch it at the frog!)
* Keep your instrument clean! Clean all rosin dust from the instrument, strings and bow stick with a clean, soft cloth.
* Not too hot, not too cold! Protecting your instrument from extreme temperatures will help to keep it in tune.
* Do not try to tune your instruments. Your teacher will do it for you each week!