Welcome to the Chinese classes!Chinese 1, 2, and 3 courses will enable the students to learn the art of speaking conversational Mandarin Chinese. The students will practice listening, speaking, reading, and writing in the Chinese language. The students will build their language skills by using expressions, vocabulary, and grammar so that they may FUNCTION at a basic communicative level in Mandarin Chinese. The students will also learn about different Chinese-speaking countries and the various cultures that exist within those countries as well as here in the U.S.
For this class, you will need:
- 1. One 1.5" three-ring binder or a section of a bigger binder. You will need to keep the handouts and practices in one place.
- 2. We will use the OneNote class notebook for taking notes and practicing. But if you prefer a notebook for yourself, that will be good too. Notetaking is encouraged in this course.
- 3. Blank flashcards - if you prefer to write vocabulary on paper cards. We will use Quizlet.com for learning vocabulary.
Daily Expectations for Students
- Focus in class
- Participate in class and try your best to speak out
- Respect everyone in the class, and ask questions right away.
- Sing up for extra help session during Lunch & Learn time
Our classroom will be using Canvas and OneNote as the primary mode of assigning and collecting work.
Other websites and tools we will use are:
- OneNote - individual work and practice
- Quizlet.com - study vocabulary
- EdPuzzle.com - watching videos for listening comprehension
- Flipgrid.com - Speaking/ video posting
- Padlet.com - post writing or video for presentational tasks
- Socrative.com - answer questions and sentence practices
- Fall: 1st and 2nd blocks at East, 4th block at South.
- Spring: 1st and 2nd blocks at West, 4th block at South.
- Please email me at email@example.com for scheduling a phone/ Teams call
Links to Canvas