Your child must have documentation of the following immunizations for entry into school:
- Diphtheria and Tetanus: 4 or more doses, one must be given after the 4th birthday.
- Polio: 4 doses (4th dose on or after 4th birthday)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella : the first must be given on or after the 1st birthday.
- Hepatitis B: 3 properly spaced doses of vaccine.
- Varicella (chicken pox): 2 doses, the first dose must be administered after 12 months of age, history of the disease, or documented laboratory testing.
- Meningitis (MCV): Required for entry into 7th and 12th grade
- Tdap (Tetanus acellular pertussis): Required for entry into 7th grade
Students may be admitted to school with documentation of one dose of vaccine for each series. PA state law mandates that the series must be completed within 5 days of school entry or the student will be excluded from school.
These requirements allow for the following exemptions: medical reason, religious belief, or philosophical/strong moral or ethical conviction. Even if your child is exempt from immunizations, he or she may be excluded from school during an outbreak of vaccine preventable diseases.