High School & College Computer Skills
Central Bucks High School West
High School & College Computer Skills is designed for students preparing for success in high school, college and beyond through efficient use of computer software. Students will experience important “next steps” using keyboarding, word processing, excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint. Students will also have the opportunity to create wikis, blogs and podcasts. Finally, students will study college planning concepts and career options.
· Students are expected to respect one another and the property within the room
· Students are expected to act as responsible adults
Respect and responsibility revolve around 99.9% of everything you do and say. Treat each other as you want to be treated!
Please remember when you are absent, 1 ½ hours of valuable class time is lost. It is your responsibility to contact Mrs. Toub regarding missed assignments/homework. Please refer to school handbook regarding class cuts.
- Creating Word documents using tables, Smart Art and formatting styles
- Generating Mail Merges using form letters
- Creating Professional Newsletters
- Financial functions, data tables, & amortization schedules
- Sorting and querying a worksheet database
- Using templates in worksheets and workbooks
- Creating informative & persuasive presentations
- Applying various themes, backgrounds, animations, transitions
- Working with outlines
College Planning/Career Options
- Determine interests and skills
- Match results with corresponding colleges/careers
- Create photo story of results
CLASS CUT POLICY
• 24 Hour Make-up
• Earn up to 50% of total points
• 100% = 50%