Mr. Testa's Chemistry Page
Back to School Night -Parents can sign up to be an Observer on Canvas for their student's classes. This will allow you to see the daily agenda during Hybrid/Virtual Learning. Use the link below:
Science National Honor Society 2022 - 2023Please review the criteria that students must meet in order to apply for the Science National Honor SocietyIf you meet these criteria, you may complete the application (see the link below) and submit it to Mr. Testa (email or hard copy) by Friday, September 16, 2022. Applications will be reviewed and you will be contacted in early October as to the status of your application.Be sure to review the expectations/requirements for SNHS members. If you cannot fulfil these expectations, you will lose your membership status at the end of the school year.
Once accepted into SNHS, you will be asked to complete the Commitment Form and pay the one-time membership fee of $20 (which covers our yearly chapter fee, snacks at induction, membership pin, certificate, and cord for graduation).Induction is scheduled for Thursday, November 3, 2022 in the CB South Library. Induction will take place after school and conclude around 4:00 pm.
- Attendance - attend a minimum of 5 monthly meetings during the school year
- Maintain a weighted science GPA of 4.000
- Be enrolled in at least 1 Honors/AP Science course EACH year that you attend South
- Computer Science courses are part of the Math Department and do not count as a Science course
- Actively participate in 2 Science Clubs at South
- Fullfill the volunteer hour requirement
- Seniors - 5 hours by June 1, 2023
- Juniors - 1 hour by June 1, 2023
Contact Informationbtesta@cbsd.org (best method to contact me)267-893-3000 ext. 6187